South Carolina Chamber of Commerce and SC Biz News named Greenville software company Kopis the fifth best place to work in South Carolina.
The designation was given through South Carolina’s Chamber of Commerce and SC Biz News’ annual “Best Places to Work in South Carolina” awards. In order for a company to be considered for the awards they must meet the following criteria:
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Be a for-profit, not-for-profit business or government entity
- Have a facility in the state of South Carolina
- Have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time employees working in South Carolina
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
Once a company has met those requirements, the employers have to fill out a detailed questionnaire and the employees can offer honest feedback. Both of these factors are taken into consideration by the Best Companies Group when creating the list.
Kopis moved up eighteen spots from last year, which was a monumental jump in one year.
“Kopis is honored to be one of the top five best places to work in South Carolina. We’ve worked really hard in the last year to make Kopis an even better place to work and grow for all of our employees, and seeing that hard work pay off is very rewarding,” said Andrew Kurtz, Kopis’s CEO and founder.